Access & Borrowing
Milton residents may obtain a free library card good at all public libraries in the Old Colony Library Network by showing identification with a full name and current address. Children must be at least five years old to obtain a card. Lost cards may be replaced at a cost of $3.00. For your protection, please report lost cards immediately. You may also upgrade your old card design to the new design shown at right for a $3 fee.
Milton Library is a member of the Old Colony Library Network (OCLN) and your Milton card is valid at any OCLN library. Non-residents may use their OCLN card at Milton. Massachusetts residents from outside of the OCLN area may apply for a Milton Library Card.
Sign up Online for your library card! Get an OCLN eCard now and you may immediately begin to :
- Reserve books online
- Download Overdrive Audio Books
- Access Research Databases
Loans & Renewals
- Three weeks for most books and sound recordings.
- Two weeks for new adult books and magazines.
- One week for video recordings.
- Items may be renewed once for the same time as the initial loan, unless they are on reserve.
- $.20 per day on overdue adult books or sound recordings
- $.10 per day on children’s books or sound recordings
- $1.00 per day on video recordings
- $2.00 to replace a library card
- $.50 for mailing of overdue notices
* All funds received via the above charges go towards the
purchase of new materials for the library collection.
24-hour book return slots are available at the Main Library entrance from the parking lot.